Reliability of script connecting to Oracle Forms

Advanced programming using WinTask scripting language

Reliability of script connecting to Oracle Forms

Postby mgraham20 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:00 am

I am using WinTask 5.0 on a PC running Window 7 32 bit.

I have a script that is connecting to Oracle forms that is only working 80% of the time. It seems to have problems detecting that the Forms window is present.

Here is what the script is doing.

ret = UseOCREngine(2)
Shell(chr$(34)+"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"+chr$(34) + "http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.fmx",1)
Pause 10 secs until
TextOCR("Username")
InWindowAnyInstance("IEXPLORE.EXE|SunAwtFrame|Oracle Developer Forms Runtime - Web")
InArea(193,207,16,59)
PauseOK
LoginStatus = 1
PauseFalse
LoginStatus = 0
EndPause

The script works but not 100% of the time. The InArea was create using the Sycronise TextOCR in wintask. I tried Bitmap but this was no more reliable.

I have watched it and the Forms window has been present in plenty of time but the script does not detect it.
Same problem occurs through Development screen as calling the .ROB file.

Do you have any idea what I can do to make this script work 100% of the time.
Last edited by mgraham20 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mgraham20

Re: Reliability of script connecting to Oracle Forms

Postby TechSupport on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:44 am

Hello,

I suspect it's because the OCR uses mouse coordinates and if the text is not at the exact same place each time, then it will fail.

But I don't understand why you don't use StartBrowser and then a Usepage, that ensures the automatic synchronization and you don't need anymore an OCR synchro.

If you can connect to http://www.wintask.com/support, it's a Citrix tool where we can see your desktop and give advice seeing your web page.

Regards.
WinTask Tech Support
TechSupport

Re: Reliability of script connecting to Oracle Forms

Postby mgraham20 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:26 am

The reason I am not using StartBrowser is becuase it is not a web application. The URL just initiates the Oracle Forms application. Its the Oracle forms application that wintask is then interacting with.

I change the code to use a Bitmap and captured the word Username and made the InArea quite large so if the screen image mored slightly the Username bitmap would still be found. So far it seems to be running more reliably
mgraham20

Return to Scripts programming