Will WinTask be able to do this

Getting started -basics for starting with WinTask

Will WinTask be able to do this

Postby Joshua on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:24 am

Hi, I am interested in WinTask but before starting the trail I have a few questions:
I need to automate an excel task (starting a file) that should run at a specific time every day. I then want to save the result, after about 30 min when info is updated, as a pdf and name it based on the date of the day plus a description. I also would like to e-mail the created pdf. Will WinTask be able to do this without any monitoring or handling from my side assuming I have the PC running and my user is logged in but PC is locked so no other user can access it?

Thanks
Joshua

Re: Will WinTask be able to do this

Postby TechSupport on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:28 am

Hello,

Yes WinTask can automatize the task that you describe except for one point:
when the automation script executes, it's not possible that the PC is locked. That's the way Windows work, when an action is done on a window or a web page, Windows puts first the focus on the window/page ; if the PC is locked, no desktop is opened and the focus cannot be done.

With Wintask x64 Scheduler, you can do an autologin when the scheduled task starts, so the Scheduler opens a desktop, the task executes and when the task is finished, the desktop is closed. The PC will be unlocked just during the task execution.

Regards.
WinTask Tech Support
TechSupport

Return to Getting started