Running a Script by Clicking a Desktop Icon
To create a desktop icon that you can double-click in order to run a script, follow those steps:
In the WinTask Editor window, select Start/Compile only menu, or press Control+F7.
- If the script has not yet been saved, the Save as dialog is displayed. Give the script a meaningful name and click Save.
- The Compilation dialog box is then displayed, the dialog box gives the name of the source file, the number of warnings and errors.
- If no errors are shown, just click Cancel and the .SRC file is now converted to a compiled .ROB file, ready for the desktop icon implementation.
- In the WinTask Editor window, select File/Create desktop shortcut. Only the 64 bit version of the automation software can create a desktop shortcut if you use a 64 bit Windows version.
- On your desktop, double-click the new icon (a red wheel with the script name) - script execution starts.